This position is responsible for supporting management in billing and collecting patient accounts associated with multiple service lines. Medical coding experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of Revenue Cycle, and the importance of evaluating all appropriate financial resources to assist in securing patient accounts to maximize reimbursement for the healthcare system.
- Demonstrate billing and collection proficiency of, at least, one insurance payer. (preferred) not required.
- Responsible for evaluating and processing correspondences including claim rejections, medical record(s) requests, itemized bills, invoice clarifications, etc.
- Calling insurance payers and patients regarding denials and payments. Including daily follow up on AR and account resolution.
- Analyze insurance claims for accuracy of payments and rejections, as well as properly account for all payments and adjustments.
- Monitor accounts for timely follow-up and prompt resolution.
- Assist in continuous improvement of accounts receivable while minimizing controllable loss categories, e.g., timely filing.
- Assist patients with billing questions and ensure appropriate resolution.
- Explain and interpret insurance eligibility rules, guidelines, and regulations.
- Stay informed of updates to regulatory changes to insurances.
- Attend periodic meetings regarding various insurance payers to discuss denials, claims processing and other discrepancies, and assist in developing action plans to correct evaluated issues.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com