Prepares and reviews: release of information, medical practice referral/DI tracking, and new patient acceptance procedures. Demonstrates and understands the medical legal implications related to HIPAA guidelines to store, maintain and protect the integrity and security of the protected health information within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Essential Functions: (Majority of duties, but not meant to be all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary.)
- Responsible for analyzing medical records authorization and release to ensure all necessary components are present.
- Supports the departmental staff to maintain best practices around medical record request, process, and completion as well as maintains standardized document placement within the EMR.
- Serves as a backup to the Medical Record Specialist staff, including the coordination of coverage for the department.
- Periodically audits for review and evaluation of the patient medical record after it has been scanned for completeness and accuracy.
- Completes tracking reports around productivity levels and presents statistical tracking for analysis to the Director.
- Provides administrative support and performs general departmental functions related to overall program operations of the HIM department.
- Ensures documents are scanned, sorted, and data is entered into the EMR according to department procedures and workflows, ensuring both quality and productivity to meet department standards.
- Controls supplies needed on hand to perform responsibilities and submits supply orders to the appropriate person.
- Coordinates orientation, training materials, and professional development of new and existing HIM peers in collaboration with the Director.
- Assists administrative peers at work to ensure safe and ethical practices to solve problems and demonstrate techniques.
- Assists in developing and maintaining department policies and procedures.
- Supports the coordination of activities with other peers in order to support the organizational mission.
- Abide by Lamoille Health Partners Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct during term of employment.
- This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned as deemed necessary.
Knowledge and Experience: (Minimum education, experience, technical and communication skill levels, and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- Excellent administrative, office management, organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands: (The physical effort generally associated with this position.)
Work involves standing and walking for periods of the time, but some duties are performed from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading the computer screen. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing approximately 50 pounds such as files, documents, equipment, and soft goods. Work normally requires the ability to communicate in-person and by telephone.
Supervision is received from the HIMs supervisor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org