Our Community Health Center is seeking a Medical Records Specialist to support our medical, behavioral and dental practices. Must have an attention to detail, work well with a wide variety of personalities, be comfortable in a confidential environment, be a good communicator and be comfortable creating/working with Excel spreadsheets. HIMS certification preferred or 3 years’ experience in similar role.
- Prepares and reviews: release of information, medical practice consults and other patient documents as well as new patient acceptance procedures.
- Demonstrates and understands the medical legal implications related to HIPAA guidelines to store, maintain and protect the integrity and security of protected health information within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Responsible for back up support for primary care medical records practices located in Morrisville and Stowe.
- Reconciles patient laboratory and radiology results
- Monitors lab interface and reassigns lab results
- Prepares, verifies and forwards HEDIS, Medicare advantage and other insurance based audits.
- Prepares, verifies and forwards requests for patient records by attorney’s
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org