The Electronic Health Record (EHR) Help Desk Specialist focuses on identification and correction of errors in utilization and design of our eClinical EHR, as well as coordinates improvements to workflows which support our EHR end users.
Provides technical support and training for a subset of business applications, such as additional dental programs, population health programs, and quality measure programs. Provides assistance in one or all area applications that include testing, design and analysis. Assists in the formulation of procedures and best practices for uses of applications.
Help Desk Support:
1.1. Coordinates EHR/EDR
related server connections with Lamoille Health Partners IT department, which may include providing connection during scheduled after hour time periods.
1.2. Collaborate with IT department to ensure security measures are current and accurate.
1.3. Provide technical support by answering user questions, troubleshooting glitches and application issues.
1.4. Collaborates with Practice managers and Chief Medical Officer to develop and improve workflows, including templates, questionnaires and other structured forms.
1.5. Completes documentation of planned and unplanned EHR/EDR outages and communicates planned outages with all staff utilizing the EHR.
1.6. Provide technical assistance in system upgrades, data updates and EHR/EDR module implementations. This may include but are not limited to the following tasks:
1.6.1. Updating the portal to add/remove Practitioners
1.6.2. Maintain the maintenance spread sheet
1.6.3. Data management of test environment
1.7. Assist in creation and maintenance of new EHR/EDR interfaces, bridges, etc. to meet clinical and compliance needs. Assist in monitoring interfaces, bridges, etc. and be primary contact for troubleshooting activities.
1.8. Acts as the primary contact to Vermont Information Technology Leaders (VITL) and the Vermont Department of Health (VDH) for the Vermont Immunization Registry (VIR) interface.
1.9. Maintain familiarity with all EHR/EDR user roles.
- Assists with Lamoille Health Partners procedure creation and review
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
1.1. Maintains relevant EHR/EDR trainer certifications.
1.2. Creates appropriate EHR users as defined by role.
1.3. Develops and implements training programs for new hires.
1.4. Conduct scheduled new user and ongoing training in EHR/EDR application.
1.5. Collaborates and provides education/training for Super User committee members to disseminate to end users.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Associates Degree preferred. 2 years of experience in the field or related field preferred.
- Clinical background beneficial.
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic medical records preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues.
- Ability to teach and to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; with good communication, administrative, office management and organizational skills required.
- Proficient in using computer and MS Office applications including MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org