Non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center.
Responsible for integrity and accuracy of the organization’s financial management systems, maintaining sound financial management and accountability to comply with generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state, and local legal requirements, in support of the Chief Financial Officer.
A very critical and hands on position, with daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting responsibilities.
- Maintain working knowledge, management & oversight of the integrity of the organization’s financial systems. Provide financial analysis and models for management including variance reporting to annual operating budget(s).
- Assist in preparation and development of annual budget in conjunction with and support of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Produce the monthly financial closings and prepare the financial reports for CFO review and distribution.
- Maintain GL detail and backup documentation for audit tracking.
- Serve as resource to medical, dental and behavioral practice groups regarding financial systems and related matters.
- Work collaboratively with Patient Financial Services to maintain and improve accounts receivable billing and collections.
- Manage the annual audit process. Provide data support for all external financial reports, including grant reporting requirements.
- Support and provide data for grant applications and assist with state and federal grant management.
- Work collaboratively with Chief Financial Officer and managers to keep senior leaders informed of significant accounting issues within the organization.
- Provide backup to the Staff Accountant position, as needed, for payroll, accounts payable, purchasing, & cash receipts.
- Supervise Accounting staff.
- Assist in compiling records for government reporting.
- Interact with governmental and other agencies.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field highly preferred, but solid accounting experience considered.
- Minimum of five years of similar experience highly preferred; not an entry level position.
- Good administrative, detail-oriented office management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skills, including performance management.
- Proficient in using computer and MS Office applications – particularly Excel.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org