Primary Care Triage Registered Nurse / Licensed Practice Nurse – REMOTE
The triage nursing function at Lamoille Health Partners requires a qualified and experienced Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The Remote Triage Nurse role provides education and clinical support to resolve patient accounts assigned to the triage section of the EHR and works collaboratively with the onsite clinical teams to satisfy both patient and practitioner needs in a timely fashion. The Remote Triage Nurse demonstrates advanced clinical acumen to resolve immediate clinical needs as well as, escalating clinical issues that may arise. Any candidate applying to the Remote Triage Nurse role, must first meet qualifications for onsite training, role development and mastery of triage clinical functions as determined by nursing management. A period of no less than 90 days is required to evaluate each candidate.
- The qualified Triage nurse will:
- Maintain and abide by Lamoille Health Partner’s policies, procedures and objectives.
- Work within the scope outlined by the Vermont State Board of Nursing and Vermont Statutes.
- Resolve medication refill requests
- Complete Pre-visit Assessments prior to patient’s visit to support in house operations and priority setting.
- Resolve account issues in a timely manner (Triage requests must be resolved within 72-hour period)
- Provide quality customer service at all times, communicating effectively with patients in a manner that protects their confidentiality and is sensitive to their physical, emotional, cultural, spiritual and age specific needs.
- Actively establish, maintain, and work cooperatively with internal and external professional relationships.
- Participate in professional activities and consistently seek manners of self-education to broaden industry knowledge
- Using the EMR, maintain patient medical records per Lamoille Health Partners policy and procedures utilizing standard language and abbreviations and following accepted medical standards for documentation.
- Triage patients by phone per Lamoille Health Partners policies and procedures, provide appropriate medical advice to patients and consult with a practitioner as appropriate.
- Complete pharmacy medication renewals and diagnostic/lab test ordering as outlined in current standing orders and as directed by the medical practitioner.
- Schedule patients for onsite visits when appropriate using established scheduling procedures consistently
- Manage, coordinate, and prioritize patient flow when considering daily practice schedule, walk-in patients and urgent visit requests.
- Assist in screening evaluations as appropriate.
- Participate in and manage, as appropriate, communication with other providers and organizations regarding patient orders and/or directives.
- Coordinate and assist in arranging for any medications, laboratory/diagnostic testing and specialty referrals as directed by the medical practitioner, obtaining prior authorization as necessary.
- Assist with tracking and reviewing lab results and notifying patients in a timely manner as directed by the medical practitioner.
- Assist with development, maintenance and distribution of current and appropriate patient educational materials.
- Assist the practitioner and/or provide counsel to patients regarding medication risks, benefits and side effects.
- Provide education to patients regarding disease processes, immunizations and other healthcare related topics.
- Collaborate in the development and compliance of nursing policies and procedures as requested.
- Assist administrative staff as needed and able, i.e., schedule patients, answer telephones and medical record management.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate or certification from an accredited school of nursing
- Valid Vermont State Nursing license.
- Must participate in the Lamoille Health Partners Nursing Clinical Ladder and satisfy requirements for Clin II
- Previous experience working with patients in a health care setting; medical office and triage setting preferred.
- Exhibit current knowledge of nursing practice scope and understanding of own limitations.
- Have knowledge of, or willingness to learn, basic computer and word processing skills.
- Willingness and skills to cover supervisory aspect of office in absence of office supervisor.
- Attest to your ability to perform these essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com